I love what I do and have little to no problem producing unsigned art and graphic creations in the commercial sector of our business world. The corporate mission for creativity dictates a celebration of the business or product, nothing else.
I favor commercial graphic production and developing for business objectives over fine art production and creation for political statement or praise. It’s great when both of these styles team up in a requested task, where development time is increased to allow for more detailed or elaborate creativity, but time is money. There are numerous processes that may require more “important” thoughts for creative approach
In my opinion, the corporate creator needs to work at a faster pace (that’s right, I said it). Your host here is not saying to rush through a client’s need for quality production, there is just less time tolerated for contemplating more or less arm hair or adding another cloud in the background.
I use a variety of production tools to produce:
- creative assets for learning systems,
- digital files and deliverables for advertising and marketing,
- visual content for commercial websites,
- animated assets for legal support and training,
- hand-drawn renderings for sales and entertainment
Thanks for dropping in and learning a little about this dedicated pixel slinger.
I’m excited about spending a piece of everyday researching or learning new programs and methods. They’re mostly on the topic of visual design and development but my choice for topics and titles is broad.
Media and Technology
University of San Francisco, 2013
Integrated Online Strategies
This is an 8-week class on internet marketing and website development. It covered strategies, tools and systems that support website planning, development, promotion, stickiness, SEO rankings and G+ratings, and other analytics.
Villanova University, June 2014
Strategic Organizational Leadership
24 weeks online, composing of (3) 8-week certificate programs
I have been filling notebooks up with golden nuggets of info, that enrich my knowledge base and help me to further develop a broad skill set.
Mac and Windows
Both the Mac and Windows work environments are known and loved. Each day I jump back and forth between the MacBook Pro and the Toshiba laptops, the Apple and android mobile devices, and a Dell and iMac desktop.
- Explosion of color on the viewport
- Clarity of the icons and display
- Illumination under keyboard
- Viewport navigation
- No perfect location for docking the programs bar
- The absence of a BACKSPACE key
- Even the cords are wicked expensive
- The Windows Explorer ease of use (file management)
- User control panel settings ease of use
- Overall more intuitive user interface
- Windows 8
- Window navigation
- Too many unnecessary apps with install
- Has really kept me from using the Toshiba at times
I’m happy to finally have the nice display of an Apple monitor. It’s a 2007 iMac running the same Snow leopard OS, but still upgradable to the current for a good deal. This computer will serve well, with the ability to browse, manage files, play games, watch dvds and stuff.
Extra peripherals for this thing include an external hard drive at 1.5TB, a connecting DVD drive by USB and a sleeker mouse from Apple’s selection.
Event logo design
A project for Gang Green Productions, this art was an event logo to announce the birth of Salt Lake City Nerd, news and events in the nerd and geek culture.
There was a horizontal version, too. Vacant space within the borders of the state wasoo vacant, the mouth had to be added with Lake Powell and Colorado River.
A one-color version was better, I thought. Young designers beware of the confounded coincidence of clients choosing the design you like the least. I love the mouth’s expression caught with a pretty accurate depiction of a lake in the southern region of the state. A funny and nerdy mouth shape forms in just the right spot.
Training & Education Support
Graphic artist and designer: Adobe-based production for interactive learning
Illustration, graphic design and image editing, animation and interactivity, user interface design; assistance and creative direction in the development of courses for associate training
Course visual content creation, text layout and module composition in the form of:
- movie openers, multimedia introductions
- lesson transitions, brief animations with or without audio
- course GUI, graphic user interface design
- interactive media in form of activities, quizzes, and assessments
- File testing, optimization and conversion for performance across communication systems and devices
Animated ads and calls to action
A ball icon was created with treatment for each retail season and holiday.
View the full seasonal collection here
Social media brainstorm
In 2010, supplied ideas for a twitter-based logo and icon. This required the use of an email account to set up a mock presence of the company on twitter. A testing ground for viewing the appearance of the main elements: a custom-made background, the logo, an icon to use is at twitter.com/lrnsmthng
Special events: live entertainment with cartoon quick sketches and caricatures
People love to get a cartoon version of themselves. If you are planning an event, consider this unique and entertaining service. Events I have attended to provide quick sketches from seated subjects are parades, graduations, tailgate parties, office parties, birthday parties, grand opening celebrations, and fun community events.
Cartoon sample in black and white
Sometimes black and white works well. This was created with a marker and scanned into Photoshop for some value on cheeks and eyes.
Four areas of designer strength include:
- Art direction, consultation, collaboration, project leading, client relations
- Graphic design, web and print asset creation, desktop and web publishing
- Animation and interactivity, movie development, e-learning
- Art and illustration, some creative writing
View work samples in categories